Back to News
Important information for patients
Posted on 9 Jul 2019
As a practice we are finding the demand on our services is increasing constantly and may soon exceed what we can manage.
We are asking our patients to try and help as much as possible to keep the surgery as efficient by considering a few things:
- Please do not use the surgery as your first point of contact for minor ailments such as cold, sore throat, hayfever. These can all be dealt with by a pharmacist and no appointment is needed. NHS direct and also www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk is a great website to use for advice on all sorts of topics but also symptom checkers on common ailments such as cough, diarrhoea, sore throat etc are available.
- Try not to save up problems for a standard 10 minute appointment with a GP or ask a Nurse/Health care assistant to deal with something else other than the reason you were booked in for.
- Medication requests should be requested via your repeat slip or in writing with a reason as to why it is needed. The requests are passed to the GP and they will make the decision if an appointment is needed. We ask for at least 48 working hours to process requests.
- Sign up for “My health online” for ordering repeat medication.
- Our advance nurse practitioners are able to see the majority of problems that a GP deals with and are able to prescribe. By using the advance nurse practitioners appropriately we allow the GP’s to see more complex patients.
Please do not be offended when our reception team asks for details; we ask them to do this as this helps them to direct you to the most appropriate service.
We need to use our NHS wisely and if we all consider other option before automatically contacting the surgery this will help.