As an NHS patient registered with our practice you are entitled to:
- Courtesy and respect from the staff.
- Privacy and confidentiality when speaking to any member of staff.
- A health service that is sympathetic and responsive to your individual needs within the resources available.
- Be given an appointment the same day if you need to see the doctor urgently or as soon as possible for routine concerns.
- A clear explanation of any treatment proposed for you by our practice team.
- Expect your medicines to be reviewed regularly if you are receiving repeat prescriptions.
- Be referred to a Consultant, acceptable to you, when your GP thinks it is necessary.
- Have access to your health records, as allowed by GDPR. Please write to the practice manager if you would like to see these or have copies made. There may be a small charge for this service. This request can be made verbally, please ask us for further information if this is the case.
- Have your telephone enquiries answered promptly and dealt with efficiently.
- Be informed of test, x-ray and outpatients results upon request after 4.00pm.
- We will attempt to accommodate all appointment requests from patients.
- Registered patients aged 16 to 74 who have not been seen for three years may request a consultation.
- Registered patients aged over 75 years who have not been seen in the previous 12months may request a consultation.
If you are unable to attend the surgery for this consultation because of your medical condition, a home visit may be arranged.
The practice will only restrict or withdraw your rights to care in exceptional circumstances when you have failed to behave in a way which is deemed unacceptable.